Refer a Friend Scheme
Spread the word, earn rewards.
- Simply tell your friends and family about us and you’ll get a £10 Amazon Gift Certificate each time they place their first order, while they’ll also get £35 towards their new glasses. Start sharing now>>
- Below you’ll find a list of frequently asked questions. If you require any further assistance or would like to speak to us about our refer-a-friend scheme, simply drop us a line at email@example.com or call us on 01793 746 601.
How does it work?
- Our refer-a-friend scheme enables you to share with your friends using your name. This means that you can simply tell your friends to come to Glasses Direct and enter your name and they’ll be given their discount code. They can enter your name either on the home page or in the checkout. They just need to click on a link that says “Have you been referred by a friend?”. You can also recommend us by link, email, on Facebook or on Twitter.
- If you haven’t already signed up, please click here to join our refer-a-friend scheme.
Are there any limits or restrictions?
- Yes, we are required to have some limits in place for obvious reasons. To receive your £10 Amazon Certificate your friends order must contain at least one frame priced £49 or above.
- The above minimum frame price also applies for the friend to be able to use their £35 discount voucher from being referred via the scheme.
- You need to be an existing Glasses Direct customer (have bought glasses from us previously) to be eligible for rewards for referring friends.
- There is a limit of 5 x £10 Amazon Certificate rewards per person per 24 hours, and a further maximum limit of 50 per twelve month period.
- Please note that the £35 discount for any friends or family cannot be used for ordering any frames from our Boutique range. Any such orders placed will still however be eligible for the referrer Amazon reward.
- Note that the £35 friends discount cannot be combined with any other discount codes when ordering. Only one discount code may be used per order.
I’ve been referred to Glasses Direct by a friend and they said I just need to enter their name to get a discount that they offered me. Where can I do this?
- You can do this on our homepage or by clicking here. You can also enter the name when you’re buying from us - there is a link just above the voucher code box at the checkout page saying “Been referred by a friend?” .
- If you click on any of these links you will be able to access a discount code. You can then enter this code in the discount code box at the basket page as you’re buying.
I’ve referred someone. How do I know whether they’ve bought anything and whether I’ve got a reward?
- We will email you as soon as any rewards are due but it is also possible to see the status of your referrals. We work with a partner called Mention Me to deliver our refer-a-friend scheme and you can login to their site at www.mention-me.com/login to see the status of all of your referrals.
I got given a different refer-a-friend offer from my friend?
- Sometimes our refer-a-friend offers change and they may go up or go down. The latest offer available will be the one shown when you enter your friends name on our site to get your discount code.
I’ve signed up to the Refer-a-friend scheme but can’t remember what the offer was or how to share it?
- Follow the link on the homepage on Glasses Direct and enter your name and you’ll see the offer. Or you can go to www.mention-me.com and enter your name and see the offer. You will have been emailed a login to Mention Me when you registered for the refer-a-friend scheme. You can use this to see the offer, to share it or to see how many people you’ve referred and whether they’ve bought anything.
I signed up to the refer-a-friend scheme with a fake name, can I change it?
- Yes. Just go to www.mention-me.com/logout. Then come back to Glasses Direct and go to the refer-a-friend link on the home page. You’ll be able to register again with your correct name.
I entered my friend’s name and it didn’t work?
- This could be for several reasons. It could be because your friend never registered for the refer-a-friend scheme. It could be because you’re entering a nick name rather than the name they registered with or it could be because there are more than one person with the same name signed up. If this is the case then you just need to follow the instructions enter their email address. If you don’t know their email address then please ask them for it and come back to us.
I sent my friend to you but I never got my own offer/reward for referring them?
- Your friend will have need to have placed an order with us before you receive your offer code, which will be sent to you via email as soon as they’ve placed their order. If you’re aware your friend has ordered but you’ve still not received your referral offer/reward, please contact our customer service team and we’ll be able to look into this for you. When contacting our customer service team, please provide your own details as well as the name of your friend you referred.
Can i used my refer-a-friend discount with another discount offer code?
- Unfortunately refer-a-friend discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount code. On most occasions your refer-a-friend discount will the bigger than that of any other site or email offer, and we’d simply suggest just using the better offer if we are running a promotion where the discount amount is greater than the refer-a-friend scheme discount.