All our rimless frames are made with robust optical plastic lenses, however while these are less likely to break, it’s important to remember they are still breakable if they are not properly cared for. So here’s our top tips to ensure you give your rimless eyewear the TLC they deserve:
- Always handle your glasses with both hands, especially when you take them off.
- When you’re not wearing your glasses, store them in our GD case or if leaving aside, make sure you set them face up to protect the lenses.
- No matter how tempted you are, don’t let anyone else try your glasses on as it could disturb the adjustment.
- Moisten the lenses by breathing on them before wiping them to remove small particles that can scratch the lenses. Use a lens cleaner specifically designed for your lenses or mild washing up liquid combined with warm water to remove oils and other residue.
- As tempting as it is to use your shirt, dress or jumper to clean your lenses, this can scratch the surface. Instead, use the soft cloth provided with your glasses.
If adjustments need to be made, please give our opticians a call and send them to us.