Terms and conditions
Glasses direct terms and conditions of supply
Any Order and subsequent purchase of Goods (as defined below) or services from Glasses Direct shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. View the Glasses Direct quality statement
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
“Glasses Direct” is the trading name for MyOptique Group Limited, trading on the internet at www.glassesdirect.co.uk, on the telephone at 08456 882020 and by mail order to Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire, SN25 5AJ. “We” / “Us” / “Our” refers to Glasses Direct, “You” / “Yours” refers to the Customer UK company number: 05139004. VAT registration number: 332 0016 67. Registered office: c/o Veale Wasbrough Vizards Narrow Quay House, Narrow Quay, Bristol, England, BS1 4QA. Trading office: Gemini House, Hargreaves Road, Groundwell, Wiltshire, SN25 5AJ.
1. Customer Obligations
By submitting your order to Glasses Direct you confirm:
- You are aged 16 or over and are not registered blind or partially sighted;
- You are in possession of a written prescription for your spectacles that has been given to you by a suitably qualified person in the last 24 months (or 12 months if you are aged 70 or over); and
- You will supply accurate details of your current prescription (including any notes on the prescription) when requested.
2. Orders for Goods (see section 7 for Home Trial service)
- Orders to Glasses Direct must be submitted either via the web at www.glassesdirect.co.uk, by telephone on 08456 882020 or by completing a mail order form in the current catalogue.
- Submission of an Order represents an offer to purchase Goods from Glasses Direct, and we may confirm receipt of this offer via email (if the Order is placed via the Site) or verbally (if the Order is placed via telephone).
- Prescription Glasses orders are only accepted by us once your payment has been processed and they have been reviewed and authorised by a Dispensing Optician. In the case of the non prescription goods and the Home Trial service, your order is accepted once the required payment has been accepted or when the relevant goods are shipped, whichever occurs first. We will confirm acceptance of your Order via email or verbally.
3. Limitations of Supply
- We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that all Orders are fulfilled; however we cannot guarantee the availability of Goods. If the Goods you have ordered are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you to give you a choice to receive an alternative or a refund. If we are unable to contact you, your Order will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund. In the case of the Home Trial service we may send partial goods if some goods are unavailable.
- On the advice of our Dispensing Opticians, we have absolute discretion as to whether or not to accept your Order.
- If considered necessary or appropriate before an Order is accepted, Glasses Direct’s Dispensing Opticians have absolute discretion:
- to in exceptional circumstances arrange a free face to face consultation with customers;
- to request that you send us a copy of your written prescription;
- to contact directly, or request that you contact, the optician who provided your prescription to verify and/or discuss your prescription;
- to request that you obtain your pupillary distance measurement from your optician; or
- request that you obtain a new written prescription from your optician.
4. Prices and Payment
- Prices stated are inclusive of any Value Added Tax (VAT) that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities by Glasses Direct.
- We will use best endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the prices and price related information stated in our current catalogue and on the Site.
- However we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake and misprice an item inadvertently. If this is the case, the Dispensing Optician reviewing and authorising your Order will notify you of the error before your payment is processed. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order.
- The price you pay is a retail price as appearing in your basket. In certain territories where we sell, we are required to report part of the sale price to the relevant tax jurisdiction and pay that amount in tax. We do not adjust our prices depending on the sales tax suffered which varies from country to country. And we do not add tax to any amount shown in your basket.
- In some delivery countries there may be rules imposed locally that will charge import VAT to the purchaser. Glasses Direct is unable to provide any refunds for such costs.
5. Delivery and Carriage
- We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure your Goods are dispatched to you as quickly as possible after placing your order.
- You will be notified by email at the time your Goods are dispatched.
- Delivery of the Goods will be made to the address provided by you at the time you placed your Order.
- If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us. Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected.
- In the case of non delivery, if either Glasses Direct or our courier is at fault, you will be offered the choice of a full refund or re-delivery.
6. Returns (of Goods)
- Please see our returns policy for full details on dealing with returns
7. 7-day Home Trials service
- We offer a 7-day Home Trial service (‘Home Trial’) to enable you to check the look and feel of different frames (without lenses) before deciding which frame(s) to buy. We may charge a fee (‘Home Trial Fee’) for this service, should the frames not be returned within the timescales specified in point 2 below.
- By submitting your request for a Home Trial (Home Trial Order) and in consideration for our acceptance of the order, you are agreeing that if you do not return the frames sent to you in the Home Trial, within 7 calendar days following receipt by you (which for these purposes will mean 8 days following despatch to you) then you will have placed a Frame Order to buy the frames.
- If you place a Frame Order as described above we may accept it and if so you will be charged the full price of the frames (less any Home Trial Fee already paid which will be given as a discount). The price of the frames will be the advertised price of the frames at the time you placed your Home Trial Order. To take payment, we will attempt to use the same payment card you used at the time of placing your Home Trial Order and your agreement of these Terms and Conditions is your authority for us to do so.
- Once payment is successfully made you then own the frames. You then have the same right of return as if you had made any other purchase of goods (see Returns policy). Alternatively, for up to 14 days from the date you order the frames you may return one or more of your frames to us in order to have basic lenses fitted, free of charge, providing that we have already received payment for the frame(s).
- Any Order (excluding a Home Trial Order) placed by you with Glasses Direct within 15 days of you placing a Home Trial Order will benefit from a discount equal to the Home Trial Fee.
- The Home Trial service is available to UK residents only and is not offered to any addresses outside the UK.
8. Copyright and Trademarks
- The Site’s design, names, text, images, graphics, logo are all owned by, or licensed to, Glasses Direct. They may not be reproduced for any commercial or public purpose without the expressed consent of Glasses Direct.
- The “Glasses Direct” name or any other registered or unregistered trademarks displayed on the Site may not be used without the prior consent of Glasses Direct.
Your right to cancel
Under the United Kingdom’s Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase at any point from the time of ordering until fourteen calendar days after delivery. If we’ve already shipped your order, you’ll need to package the items and send them back to us. Click here for the relevant return addresses.
If we don’t receive the item back from you, we may arrange for collection of the item from your residence at your cost. We will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that order as soon as possible, and in any case within 30 days after we receive your notification.
To cancel your order, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org