Adjusting your glasses
How do I adjust the fit?
For most customers there will be no need to adjust the fit. However, some may find that their glasses or prescription sunglasses need a little adjustment. Don’t worry, if this is the case, let one of our qualified opticians show you how.
How to adjust your nose pads
- Grip the frame of the glasses firmly
- Hold the nose pad between thumb and forefinger and move in or out slightly
- Do the same for the other pad
- Check them by trying them on
- Do this again until you’re happy, making very small changes each time
How to adjust arms on plastic and metal frames
- Put them on and mark on your glasses where you’d like the bend to start
- Take them off and heat up the side where you wish to make the bend for about 20-30 seconds
- Gently, but firmly bend the glasses straight
- Reheat the arms again for another 20 seconds or so
- Bend the arm around your thumb to make a smooth curve
- Try them on again and see if they feel better, if not, try again until you’re happy
If adjustments need to be made, you can also call our qualified opticians on 01793 746601 for help. For rimless frames, we recommend that you always send them in to us for adjustments as these are slightly more delicate.