Adjusting your glasses
How do I adjust the fit?
For most customers there will be no need to adjust the fit. However, for those who order a pair of glasses or sunglasses that need adjusting slightly, one of our qualified opticians David, tells you how to do this yourself - see our short videos below.
Video One - How to adjust your nose pads
- Grip the frame of the glasses firmly
- Hold the nose pad between thumb and forefinger and move in or out slightly
- Do the same for the other pad
- Check them by trying them on
- Do this again until you’re happy, making very small changes each time
Video Two - How to adjust arms on metal frames
- Put them on and mark on your glasses where you’d like the bend to start
- Take them off and heat up the side where you wish to make the bend for about 20-30 seconds
- Gently, but firmly bend the glasses straight
- Reheat the arms again for another 20 seconds or so
- Bend the arm around your thumb to make a smooth curve
- Try them on again and see if they feel better, if not, try again until you’re happy
- The same process applies for plastic frames
For rimless frames, we recommend you send them in to us for adjustments as these are slightly more delicate.